The 33937 and 33937A are Field Effect Transistor (FET) predrivers designed for three phase motor control and similar applications. The 33937A has been specifically enhanced to improve performance when driving very high current loads. The integrated circuit (IC) uses SMARTMOS™ technology.
The IC contains three High Side FET pre-drivers and three Low Side FET pre-drivers.Three external bootstrap capacitors provide gate charge to the High Side FETs.
The IC interfaces to a MCU via six direct input control signals, an SPI port for device setup and asynchronous reset, enable and interrupt signals. Both 5.0 and 3.0 V logic level inputs are accepted and 5.0 V logic level outputs are provided.
• Fully specified from 8.0 to 40 V covers 12 and 24 V automotive systems
• Extended operating range from 6.0 to 58 V covers 12 and 42 V systems
• Greater than 1.0 A gate drive capability with protection
• Protection against reverse charge injection from CGD and CGS of external FETs
• Includes a charge pump to support full FET drive at low battery voltages
• Deadtime is programmable via the SPI port
• Simultaneous output capability enabled via safe SPI command
• Pb-free packaging designated by suffix code EK