CMX882, a full-function half-duplex audio and signalling processor IC for FRS and PMR446 type facilities
suitable for both complex and simple end-designs. Under the control of the host µC, all voiceband requirements are catered for: voiceband and sub-audio filtering, pre/de-emphasis, compression and expansion and audio routing and global level setting with single or two-point modulation in the transmit path.
• Automatic signal type scanning and IRQ on detection of valid Rx signals, level or RSSI
• Tone generator for caller recognition tunes
• Programmable power down control
• Programmable signal detection thresholds
• Low Power operation with Zero Power mode
• Uncommitted Aux ADC with switchable input to monitor signals
• Silent operation by removal of unwanted calls
• Selectable voice companding
• XTCSS channel and data signalling
• Robust automatic packet data protocol with: Error correction and detection, Interleaving and data scrambling/privacy coding.
• Voice processing facilities, including Tx and Rx gain setting and voice/subaudio filtering
• C-BUS serial host interface
• RF interface allowing 1 or 2 point modulation
• Programmable soft limiter
• Enhanced CTCSS and 23/24 bit DCS codecs
• Zero ‘talk down’ CTCSS decoder performance prevents dropouts
• ‘All call code’ and ‘monitor’ modes for CTCSS
• Audio scrambling
• Robust Half Duplex FFSK/MSK modem, 1200/2400 bps, gets data through when signal is too degraded for voice – for text messaging/paging, location transfer, etc. applications.