The HM1486. is a current mode monolithic buck switching regulator. Operating with an input range of 3.6-40V, the HM1486 delivers 2A of continuous output current with two integrated N-Channel MOSFETs. The internal synchronous power switches provide high efficiency without the use of an external Schottky diode. At light loads, regulators operate in low frequency to maintain high efficiency and low output ripple. Current mode control provides tight load transient response and cycle-by-cycle current limit.
The HM1486 guarantees robustness with short-circuit protection, thermal protection, start-up current run-away protection, and input under voltage lockout.
The HM1486 is available in 8-pin ESOP package, which provides a compact solution with minimal external components. The package has an exposed pad for low thermal resistance.
● 3.6V to 40V operating input range 2A output current
● Up to 94% efficiency
● High efficiency (>78%) at light load
● Internal Soft-Start
● Fixed 120kHz Switching frequency
● Input under voltage lockout
● Available in thermally enhanced ESOP8 package
● Start-up current run-away protection
● Short circuit protection
● Thermal protection
● Distributed Power Systems
● Networking Systems
● FPGA, DSP, ASIC Power Supplies
● Green Electronics/ Appliances
● Notebook Computers