The L78 series of three-terminal positive regulators is available in TO-220, TO-220FP, D²PAK and DPAK packages and several fixed output voltages, making it useful in a wide range of applications.
These regulators can provide local on-card regulation, eliminating the distribution problems associated with single point regulation. Each type embeds internal current limiting, thermal shutdown and safe area protection, making it essentially indestructible. If adequate heat sinking is provided, they can deliver over 1 A output current. Although designed primarily as fixed voltage regulators, these devices can be used with external components to obtain adjustable voltage and currents.
• Output current up to 1.5 A
• Output voltages of 5; 6; 8; 8.5; 9; 12; 15; 18; 24 V
• Thermal overload protection
• Short circuit protection
• Output transition SOA protection
• 2 % output voltage tolerance (A version)
• Guaranteed in extended temperature range (A version)