BATTERY PROTECTION IC FOR 1-CELL PACK
The S-8261 Series is a lithium-ion / lithium polymer rechargeable battery protection IC incorporating high-accuracy voltage detection circuit and delay circuits.
The S-8261 Series is suitable for protection of single-cell lithium-ion / lithium polymer battery packs from overcharge, overdischarge and overcurrent.
(1) Internal high accuracy voltage detection circuit
• Overcharge detection voltage 3.9 V to 4.5 V (applicable in 5 mV step) Accuracy: ±25 mV (+25°C) and
±30 mV (−5°C to +55°C)
• Overcharge hysteresis voltage 0.1 V to 0.4 V*1 Accuracy: ±25 mV
The overcharge hysteresis voltage can be selected from the range 0.1 V to 0.4 V in 50 mV step.
• Overdischarge detection voltage 2.0 V to 3.0 V (applicable in 10 mV step) Accuracy: ±50 mV
• Overdischarge hysteresis voltage 0.0 V to 0.7 V*2 Accuracy: ±50 mV
The overdischarge hysteresis voltage can be selected from the range 0.0 V to 0.7 V in 100 mV step.
• Overcurrent 1 detection voltage 0.05 V to 0.3 V (applicable in 10 mV step) Accuracy: ±15 mV
• Overcurrent 2 detection voltage 0.5 V (fixed) Accuracy: ±100 mV
(2) High voltage device is used for charger connection pins (VM and CO pins: absolute maximum rating = 28 V).
(3) Delay times (overcharge: tCU, overdischarge: tDL, overcurrent 1: tlOV1, overcurrent 2: tlOV2) are generated by an
internal circuit. No external capacitor is necessary. Accuracy: ±20%
(4) Three-step overcurrent detection circuit is included (overcurrent 1, overcurrent 2 and load short-circuiting).
(5) 0 V battery charge function “Available” / “Unavailable” is selectable.
(6) Power-down function “Yes” / “No” is selectable.
(7) Charger detection function and abnormal charge current detection function
• The overdischarge hysteresis is released by detecting negative voltage at the VM pin (−0.7 V typ.) (Charger
• When the output voltage of the DO pin is high and the voltage at the VM pin is equal to or lower than the charger
detection voltage (−0.7 V typ.), the output voltage of the CO pin goes low (Abnormal charge current detection
(8) Low current consumption
• Operation mode 3.5 μA typ., 7.0 μA max.
• Power-down mode 0.1 μA max.
(9) Wide operating temperature range −40°C to +85°C
(10) Lead-free, Sn 100%, halogen-free*3
• Lithium-ion rechargeable battery packs
• Lithium polymer rechargeable battery packs